Monday 16 April 2007

Ice Mines - Sweden

We now have several photos from last month's film shoot in Sweden. The story is still firmly under wraps until it's US network premiere, but a few photos of the filming task are shown here by way of a teaser.

L-R; Daniel, Ben, Dave, Will.

I need to chose my words carefully as this was not my adventure, I was just freelancing on camera, as was Christain Pondella, the stills photographer. So let's just say simply that this was truly the most crazy, ridiculous, stupid, brilliant, totally bad ass piece of climbing I have ever witnessed. Or as us understated Brits would say, 'rather interesting'.

Ice climbing has hitherto been a quite logically a 'terrainian' activity, by that I mean 'above ground', as your would expect.


Dave Brown jugging into position to film, 150m underground.

But last month, Canada's Will Gadd and Sweden's Andreas Spaak took the sport into seriously 'sub-terrainian' territory. Film crew and photographer followed.

I teamed up to shoot camera with British camaraman Ben Pritchard (well known for Slackjaw climbing films as well as many TV credits). Also onboard was Christian Pondella, a well respected US outdoor/adventure photographer.

Condensation on lenses is a major problem in this environment. Warming the camera up against a 400 watt studio light for 10 minutes sorted it out nicely. Will Gadd and Dave Brown.


At this stage I can't tell you what happened. Sorry, but I'm sure you understand... It will hit the TV, mainstream press and climbing press over the next few months. All that I can say is that we shot a hard-core climbing movie in the most unbelievable fantasy land, like some holywood sci-fi film-set---


--- Only that on one day Ben and Christian were nearly wiped out by a cutain of ice falling from 100m directly above them. At the time I was filming the climbers as they explored deep underground and I was feeling totally elated. Then the ice came down on the guys and I felt rather stupid at my elation.Tonnes of ice exploded in every direction. Quite miraculously they survived. This beautiful place was suddenly very serious. It was truly sobering.


Dave Brown starting the 150m ab at the second ice mine. A long way back up.


Thankfully it all ended well, a cracking film in the can, and for me just a few days back in the UK before heading back out to Sweden, this time to climb on sun-kissed granite boulders!

--
Dave B

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think 9Dragons is my favorite game, I did not know how to play at first, someone told me that you must have 9Dragons gold. That he gave me some 9 Dragons gold, and then he said that I could buy 9 Dragons gold, but I did not have so much money, and then I played it in all my spare time. From then on, I have got a lot of cheap 9Dragons gold, if I did not continue to play it, I can sell 9Dragons money to anyone who want.
Once I played AOC, I did not know how to get strong, someone told me that you must have aoc gold.He gave me some conan gold, he said that I could buy age of conan gold, but I did not have money, then I played it all my spare time. From then on, I got some cheap aoc gold, if I did not continue to play it, I can sell aoc money to anyone who want.

Anonymous said...

Do you know buy lindens? I like it.
My brother often go to the internet bar to buy second life linden and play it.
After school, He likes playing games using these cheap linden with his friends.
I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many linden dollars and play the game with me.
I came to the bar following him and found secondlife money was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.

Do you know shadow of legend Gold? I like it..
My brother often go to the internet bar to buy sol gold and play it.
After school, He likes playing games using these buy shadow of legend Gold with his friends.
I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many cheap shadow of legend Gold and play the game with me.
I came to the bar following him and found shadow of legend money was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.

Anonymous said...

ugg boots
wholesale Jordan shoes
wholesale nike jordan shoes
air jordan shoes
cheap jordan shoes
nike air jordan
nike air force 1

Anonymous said...

You know ,I have some requiem gold,and my friend also has some
requiem lant,do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called requiem money,I just want to
requiem online gold,because there are many
buy priston tale Gold
You know ,I have some shaiya gold,and my friend also has some
shaiya money,do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called shaiya gold,I just want to
buy shaiya online gold,because there are many
cheap shaiya gold

Anonymous said...

buy wow goldAsesor ProfessionalUruguayProfessionalbuy wow goldOfficeLinksNotice

Anonymous said...

I always believe the angel is being and 12sky2 Gold . In fact, we all like listening to the songs of milk tea twelve sky2 Gold .
Generally speaking, I think is her voice very comfortable and mood of the story twelvesky2 Gold , We feel life bit by bit, looking forward the love belonging of the life feelings buy 12sky2 Gold , you will love milk tea like me, let us love her together and play cheap twelve sky2 Gold .

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to get some Pirates of the Burning Sea Gold and the potbs gold is given by my close friend who tells me that the potbs Doubloon is the basis to enter into the game. Therefore, I should potbs money with the spare money and I gain some buy potbs Doubloon from other players.

nike-stores said...

We supply Cheap Air Jordans.Nike-Stores.com Top Selling sneakers is Nike Dunks Wholesale and Nike Air Force one.For more information please visit Nike-Stores blog.Popular Sneakers from Nike-stores such as Nike Air Rift ; Nike Air Yeezy Shoes ; Nike Hyperdunk